The Vandenberg Spouses’ Club brings together people from all across the base community. The club offers three membership types: Active, Associate and Honorary. (Dues for each are listed on the Membership Application.)
The following are eligible for active membership:
- (a) Spouses of active duty military personnel in the US Armed Forces
permanently assigned to Vandenberg AFB and spouses of active duty military
personnel in the US Armed Forces who are assigned to remote areas or on unaccompanied tours.
- (b) Spouses of military personnel serving in the Reserves or the National Guard.
- (c) Spouses of active duty foreign military members assigned to Vandenberg AFB.
- (d) Spouses of retired personnel of the US Armed Forces.
Active members shall pay dues and receive all privileges of voting, hold elective and appointive offices, and participate in the conduct of all VSC affairs.
The following are eligible for associate membership:
- (a) Spouses of military students temporarily assigned to the 381st Training Group.
- (b) Civilian personnel who are assigned to Vandenberg AFB.
- (c) Spouses of civilian personnel, active and retired, assigned to Vandenberg AFB.
- (d) All active duty military personnel who are assigned to Vandenberg AFB.
- (e) All retired military personnel.
- (f) All adult relatives in residence with families of military personnel.
- (g) Widow/widowers of military personnel of the Armed Forces.
- (h) Unmarried former spouses of active or retired military members who are eligible for military-related privileges under the Former Spouses’ Protection Act.
Associate members shall pay dues, may vote and may chair committees.
The following are eligible for honorary membership:
- (a) Spouse of the Mayor.
- (b) Spouse of the President of the Chamber of Commerce.
- (c) Spouse of the President of the Military Affairs Committee.
- (d) With the approval of the Advisors, the President or the Honorary President may invite such persons as they deem appropriate to be honorary members for a period of one year. These memberships shall be renewable at the discretion of the President and Honorary President.
Honorary members do not pay dues, vote or hold any board position.